Egg Farmers of Ontario is pleased to bring you Meal Planning Made Easy, based on Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide. This resource was created in partnership with the Home Child Care Association of Ontario and developed by Carol Harrison, a Registered Dietitian.
This resource includes:
- Seasonal sample menus
- Meal planning forms you can fill in Checklists
- Smart ways to feed picky eaters
- Super time- and money-saving tips
- Healthy, kid-friendly recipes
"After reading the resource, I know how to plan meals and make dinnertime more enjoyable. I even learned new ideas for feeding my picky eater!" - Cindy, mother of two children, Toronto
Find out more about healthy eating
We all want the best for our children. It begins with good nutrition. Meal Planning Made Easy can help. Smart Tips for Meal Planning Plan ahead for one dinner or a full week of dinners - whatever you can manage. With a meal plan in place, you'll find mealtimes less stressful. You'll also eat healthier, and you'll save money and time too! These tips will help you plan:
- Use up the foods you have on hand first.
- Ask your children for ideas.
- Plan meals to suit your activities for a week.
- Follow Canada's Food Guide.
- Reinvent leftovers.
5 ways to help your child eat right
- Shop, cook and eat together.
- Make one meal, not seperate meals. Serve a food your child will eat (even bread) so nobody goes hungry.
- Stick to a routine. Serve three meals and two or three small snacks.
- No grazing!
- Trust your child's appetite. Let your child decide what and how much to eat from the healthy foods you offer.
- Turn off the TV.