Show us your eggs!
Egg Farmers of Ontario (EFO) and The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair are looking for your egg recipes! Cook-up your favourite dish that features eggs front and centre for a chance to win an eggs-citing Royal Prize Pack that includes free eggs for a year and the opportunity to cook live at The Royal in front of a special judges panel.
Here’s how to enter:
- Post a picture of your favourite egg dish that you made to Instagram or Facebook, be sure to let us know if it’s an original or if it’s from a cookbook or website.
- Choose one of the categories that your dish falls into:
- Put an Egg On It – where everything is made better by putting an egg on top
- Fully Loaded – eggs are just the beginning, it’s what you add that makes it amazing
- Brinner – classic breakfast for dinner
- Tag @EggFarmersONT and @theroyalfair and include the hashtag #OntEggsAnytime
Winner will be selected on World Egg Day, October 12th.
**Please note that only entries on Instagram and Facebook will be accepted.
Champions from each category will be selected and announced on World Egg Day, October 12th.
Each category Champion will win a spot in the Live Cooking Championship at The Royal on Sunday November 11th at 1:30pm – details will be sent to each winner after they are announced. The category Champions will receive a one night stay in a downtown Toronto hotel, two tickets to the closing night Horse Show (The FEI Longines World Cup Show Jumping Presented by GroupBy, the most prestigious Horse Show at The Royal) and an EFO & Royal gift bag.
The Grand Champion, selected at the Live Cooking Championships, will win eggs for a year, a cooking gift basket of kitchen goodies, and a $100 gift card to The Royal Paddock.
Live Cooking Championship
Category winners will be invited to cook live for a special judge’s panel on Sunday November 11th at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. Each champion will be given a cooking station and 30 minutes to prepare their meal for the judges. Winners will be provided with an induction burner, pots, pans and knives to make their eggs-citing dish for our judges panel. Winners will need to bring all the ingredients needed to make the dish (enough for 3 people). On-site refrigeration will be provided to keep the ingredients cool, if needed.
- Contest closes October 5th, 2018.
- Entrants must be 18+ to enter.
- Entrants must be available to participate in the Live Cooking Championship on Sunday November 11th 2018.
- Contest open to residents of Ontario.
Questions can be directed to Caitlyn Oneill at COneill@royalfair.org.
Be sure to follow us!
|Royal Agricultural Winter Fair: