Nothing makes a house a home more than homemade artwork! This ombré egg carton mobile is completely customizable, so no matter your décor, you can make it to match!
Ombré Egg Carton Mobile
- Egg cartons
- Coloured paint
- White paint
- Black paint
- Pen (to poke holes)
1. Cut egg cartons into individual cups- these will be the ornaments for your mobile.
2. Cut the flattest portion of the lid into two pieces lengthwise. Glue or tie them together, one crossing over the other.
3. Pick a base colour for your design and add to at least four wells of your paint palette.
4. Add white paint to each well, gradually increasing the amount of paint added to lighten the shade of the base colour in each.
5. Paint egg carton cups various shades of your base colour and let dry.
6. Use a thumb tack or pen to poke a small hole into the top of your egg carton cups.
7. Cut string or fishing line into 4 pieces.
8. Thread string through ornaments and tie knots to secure the cup onto the string.
9. Secure the other ends of the string to one of the four ends of the top portion of the mobile.