The most rich and delectable soulful comfort food with the added protein of savoury baked beans.
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F (190˚C).
2. Fill a 3-quart (3 L) pot halfway filled with water, add salt, butter, and bring to a boil, add pasta, cook for 11-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander, transfer to a bowl, set aside.
3. Heat a large oven-proof skillet with oil over medium heat, add onion, celery, and bell pepper, cook for 3 minutes, transfer to the bowl with the pasta.
4. Add evaporated milk, 3 cups of the marbled cheddar, a cup at a time while mixing. Add the cream and eggs, mix well without breaking the pasta.
5. Add seasoned salt, thyme, hot sauce, sour cream, and mix.
6. Fold in the baked beans, transfer mixture to the large skillet, top with remaining cheese, sprinkle with paprika. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes until cheese melts with crispy edges. Remove from the oven, let set for 10 minutes and serve at once.
Recipe courtesy of: Chef Raquel Fox (islandgurlfoods.com)