If you love eggs but find yourself limiting them to a couple a week, it’s time to reconsider! Recent research shows that healthy adults can enjoy an egg every day without increasing their risk of heart disease. In fact, one study found after following adults for 20 years, that eating up to 7 or more eggs per week did not increase their risk for heart disease.1 So for this years Heart Month (February), focus on changes that will really count. Here are some ideas:
- Set one small goal to be more active everyday. Every 10 minutes counts.
- Keep portion in check without feeling deprived. Swap your dinner plate for a salad plate.
- Curb hunger by eating some protein rich foods at each meal. Try eggs, beef, fish, pork, chicken, nuts, cheese or beans.
- Busy? Have breakfast for dinner one night a week. It sure beats fast food. Try these Mini Frittatas.
1. Qureshi Al, et al. Regular egg consumption does not increase the risk of stroke and cardiovascular diseases. Med Sci Monit 2007;13(1):CR1-8. Carol