Anything that contains eggs, Parmesan, fresh herbs, butter, whipping cream and bacon has got more than enough good things going for it that pretty well guarantee its success as a winning combination of flavours!
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked spaghetti or fettucine
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, whisk together eggs, cheese and parsley until blended. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic; saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add cream; bring to a simmer. Add drained pasta (do not rinse), egg-and-cheese mixture and bacon. Over medium-low heat, toss until mixture thickens and coats pasta, about 2 or 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.