Pasta Carbonara - easy and delicious!
Anything that contains eggs, Parmesan, fresh herbs, butter, whipping cream and bacon has got more than enough good things going for it that pretty well guarantee its success as a winning combination of flavours!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked spaghetti or fettucine
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, whisk together eggs, cheese and parsley until blended.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic; saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add cream; bring to a simmer. Add drained pasta (do not rinse), egg-and-cheese mixture and bacon.
Over medium-low heat, toss until mixture thickens and coats pasta, about 2 or 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.