Nog, Nog... Who's there? Christmas!
Everywhere you go it’s looking and tasting a lot like Christmas! Candy canes, peppermint lattes and chocolates are everywhere you turn in your office and house.
Have a glass of holiday cheer to celebrate the season. Stick with traditional Classic Egg Nog, make your own signature version or liven things up with a flavourful twist:
- Love tradition? Try a Classic Egg Nog.
- Does chai, chocolate or maple-ginger Egg Nog sound delish? It’s just a recipe tweak away – check the Classic Egg Nog recipe above.
- Entertaining a crowd? Caramel Egg Nog is sure to please and it serves 14.
- This Holiday Cheer Egg Nog recipe features fantastic tips like replacing half the milk with Irish cream liqueur (oh my, I just love that!) or using rum extract for those looking for a non-alcoholic drink.
- Buzzfeed offers up Slow Cooker Eggnog Four Ways!
Tips for making and storing Egg Nog:
- To lighten up your Egg Nog recipe, swap 5% light cream for 35% whipping cream.
- Store-bought Egg Nog is pasteurized, but like all dairy products, you still need to check the best before date and store it in the fridge.
- If you're making Egg Nog at home using raw eggs, heat the egg and milk mixture to at least 71° C (160° F). Cool it quickly in shallow containers in the fridge then transfer to a pitcher.
- Cover and store Egg Nog in the fridge. It keeps for several days.
- Put Egg Nog out to serve in a bowl of ice. It will keep for 2 hours.
Do you have an Egg Nog recipe or story to share? I’d love to hear it!