Kids will love this amazing and fun eggs-periment. Whether at home or in the classroom, this is fun activity will have kids rolling up their sleeves to conduct their own science lab tests. Let your students make their own hypothesis about what will happen and see who is right!
All you need to get started is need is two eggs, two glasses of water and some table salt.
1. Fill two glasses with water.
2. Stir ¼ cup (50 mL) salt into one glass until the salt is dissolved.
3. Ask your young scientists to write down or share their hypothesis for what the egg will do in each glass.
4. Place a raw egg in its shell in each glass.
5. See what happens and who hypothesized correctly!
Result: When you dissolve salt in the water, you make it heavier, or denser, than the egg which means the egg will float in the water. With a little eggs-perimenting you can add just enough salt to make the egg float halfway in the glass.