(Plus 5 hangouts that are perfect to get away from those lovey-dovey couples).
Let’s get one thing straight; a lot of people have a love-hate relationship with February 14th. So whether you love or hate it, we’ve got some activities for you to help celebrate (or get it over with).
For the lovers:
- Take a cooking class! Lots of cities host a variety of cooking classes you can take, expand your food horizons and make you and your significant other more comfortable in the kitchen!
Then go home, and hone your skills by making this Goat Cheese & Thyme Twice Cooked Soufflé!
- Refine your martial arts skills by watching some old kung fu movies.
- Go out on a limb and test drive your dream car!
While you’re still feeling bold and eggs-hilarated, give this Moroccan Puffed Omelette a try!
- Let your inner kids out for a night and make a blanket fort in your living room!
While you’re in there, enjoy these Egg Salad Creatures, just like mom used to make.
- Or alternatively, pretend you’re real adults who know how to adult, and have your own beer or wine tasting.
For the haters:
So you’re not into the lovey-dovey holiday? Have your own anti-Valentine’s date night with your friends!
- Grab some buddies and hit up a comedy club.
Maybe make some dinner for everyone beforehand. Don’t let the name fool you, these Breakfast Flatbreads are crowd pleasers for any meal!
- Host a book swap and make it BYOA and BYOB. Bring your own apps, and bring your own books!
Need some app ideas? Try out these Pear and Brie French Toast bites!
- Get the gang to the local laser tag arena.
Fuel yourself for a high energy activity with this Food Truck Breakfast Waffle!
- Grab your Grannies and head down to the local bingo hall.
Bring a snack, you’ll fit right in with this Raisin Loaf.
- Lastly, host your own anti-Valentines (AV) day pot luck. Call up your friends, make some food and spend the night watching movies or playing games.
Add a dash of irony to your AV party with these Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes for dessert!